Urban Projects Professional Development Programme 2020: Group 2
Today, on November 23, 2020 the second group started the Urban Projects Professional Development Programme.
Students were welcomed by our experts:
• Chief Architect of Moscow, Sergei Kuznetsov (Curator of the programme);
• Deputy General Director of the DOM.RF Foundation, Anton Finogenov;
• General Director of RTDA, Marina Lepeshkina;
• Head of Department of Urban Planning Research at RTDA, Elena Popova;
• Head of the Department of Territorial Development named after Glazychev at RANEPA, Elena Zelentsova.
The speakers touched on the topic of the future of cities "after the pandemic" and increasing in attention to the health of citizens by means of urban planning. They noted the opportunity for students to develop their own new history of urban development in the current situation as part of the programme.
At the first lectures by Elena Popova, the students have already learned about the concept of a “garden city”, a comfortable city, the importance of pedestrian connections and quiet zones, the impact of the urban environment on the psychological health of city residents, the history of the development of Eurasian cities and their planning structure as well.
We believe, the next two months will be very informative, and the knowledge gained will be top-of-the-agenda and practice-oriented.